May 17, 2019
Security, technology and politics factor into today’s first story, which covers a U.S. executive order concerning telecommunications equipment. Security and privacy are issues surrounding a U.S. city’s partial ban on facial recognition systems. And we return to technology for our third report, which gives you a look at a prototype for an electric flying taxi.
1. Fill in the blank: The U.S. recently raised its tariff (tax) on $200 billion of Chinese goods from 10 percent to __ percent.
2. What U.S. landmark was completed in 1869, linking a transportation route that extended from coast to coast?
3. According to a new study, what kind of insect may be capable of transitive inference, suggesting the invertebrate is more intelligent than previously thought?
4. After postponing his trip to Russia, to what European country did U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo travel this week for a meeting with the leaders of the U.K., Germany and France?
5. In what Middle Eastern strait were four oil ships reportedly sabotaged, raising tensions in a restive region?
6. Name two of the three natural events that the United Nations blames for North Korea’s worst harvest in 10 years, which could lead to a food shortage in the country.
7. This week, U.S. President Donald Trump announced that NASA would receive $1.6 billion in additional funding toward the goal of getting humans to what location?
8. When someone buys a home in America, roughly what percentage of a home’s sale price goes to the buyer’s agent and listing agent?
9. As featured on Thursday’s show, a newly proposed rule by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission could allow telecommunications companies to automatically block what?
10. City officials in San Francisco, California recently moved to ban police from using what kind of technology without city permission?
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10